Friday, April 3, 2009

Tevas


A bit frazzled/hung-over from my date the night before (see “Dr. Feel Bad”), this next guy never really stood a chance. He chose a lovely brunch spot down by the water for our 11:00 meet-up. I guess that time should have been a clue. Anyone that can meet up for a blind date at 11:00 on a Sunday probably doesn’t have the most rockin’ social life. After I texted him my patented funny, pressure relieving pre-arrival text (“would now be a good time to tell you I’m actually a 300-pound Samoan man named Tiny?”) he responded rather uncreatively that he was waiting inside the restaurant. I walked down from the main lobby and was met by a man with a serious poindexter haircut wearing Teva sandals. Tevas people! Thank God he wasn’t wearing socks with them. It became quickly apparent that he had no sense of humor and the rest of the date was a snore. At one point I recall him mentioning that he liked to time himself while doing household chores so he could work on being more efficient – oh, behave! Tevas can now add time-efficiency to his dating skills - our date lasted all of 50 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment